1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas please!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ellie28, Jun 27, 2011.

1. ellie28

ellie28 New commenter

Hi need some simple ideas!
    Each class has been given £10 to buy resources/materials and must make something which they can sell at summer fair. I have a Year 2 class so needs to be quite simple.

Thanks for any help

2. Cakes. Rice Krispie cakes if needs be

3. ellie28

ellie28 New commenter

Thanks for suggestion Alliandra.

Any other ideas?

4. greta444

greta444 New commenter

candles, bread, sponge cakes, greetings cards, soup, ice cream.

5. if you have 2 afternoons to dedicate to it...
    Afternoon 1: wrap cling film over some plates/bowls of different sizes and then cover the tops only with papier mache. You need lots! I usually end with a layer of coloured tissue paper or white kitchen roll (which can then be painted).
    Afternoon 2: peel off the papier mache plates/bowls off and trim the edges so that they are either smooth or zig zags or waves etc...DECORATE! Paint, buttons, sequins, glitter, pennies, even lego blocks around the edges and varnish with a PVA wash.

Great treasure plates, bon-bon trays, sweet bowls...or whatever your children want to name them and price them up as!

They sell well, are all unique and you can make loads for next to nothing.

You could even make cakes/sweets to put on them and sell them together.

Great Christmas gift idea too. :0)

6. ellie28

ellie28 New commenter

Thanks for ideas so far, please keep them coming!

7. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

Does it have to things you make and sell or could you use the money to buy prizes and then run a stall with a game element? This would probably generate more money as you can decide the rules etc.
    • fishing for bottle
    • treasure hunt
    • play your cards right
    • target games
    and many more ...

8. Cakes
    Iced Biscuits with logos designs on.
    Coffee and tea?
    Couldn't they just do a general food store, everyone loves food?

How about making a CD with poems and songs, stories, that the children have produced during the year? Sell them to parents?

How about getting the children to donate prizes and you could raffle them off?

Children making their own picture book?

Bingo?

Dance off? including parents and teachers. Use the £10 to make simple costumes?

Pin the tail on the donkey if you get the tail directly in the right place win a small prize?

Friendship braclet sale?

Face panting?

I've just thought of everything thats popped in my mind.

9. Sugar mice are fun

10. Are we getting a cut from the proceeds? To go towards our pensions LOL! [​IMG]

11. haha!