1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas please for child with ASD/Dyslexia

Discussion in 'Primary' started by msohalloran, Jul 15, 2017.

1. msohalloran

msohalloran New commenter

Hi I'm looking for some good ideas re bringing a child with mild autism/dyslexia/adhd to the post office. What kind of activities would be interesting for an 11 year old? Anyone with useful spelling techniques also for dyslexia?

Thanks

2. galerider123

galerider123 Lead commenter

1. It might be good to post this in the SEND section as well.
    2. As you are quite identifiable, that will make your child identifiable, so maybe you need to change your username (contact the TES people and ask, it will be fine).

3. msohalloran

msohalloran New commenter

Thanks I have changed my pic. I will go about changing my username. I will post it in sen dept too.

galerider123 likes this.
  4. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

I found deliberately mispronouncing words so that can be used to spell them phonetically, as in scissors is said as skissors, skience, exerkise. And with homophones look fore the word patterns/families, here/there/where it's location, ear/hear/wear, getting a piece of pie. Lots of clever tricks to help dyslexics spell.

galerider123 likes this.