1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

IDEAS PLEASE! Creative Writing Interview Lesson Year 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bluerubies, Jan 27, 2011.

1. I have a lesson to prepare for interview. Year 6 creative writing. That's all I've been given, am very excited, but also MUST get it right as this is my perfect school so please help with ideas! Am thinking of starting with a video or picture starter? Could I use music? Maybe resources to physically hold for description? Need to narrow it right down and would hugely appreciate any advice from all of you lovelies! Thanks :)

2. I have a lesson to prepare for interview. Year 6 creative writing. That's all I've been given, am very excited, but also MUST get it right as this is my perfect school so please help with ideas! Am thinking of starting with a video or picture starter? Could I use music? Maybe resources to physically hold for description? Need to narrow it right down and would hugely appreciate any advice from all of you lovelies! Thanks :)

3. A whole lesson? Part of a lesson? Could you suggest subject matter and a reason for choosing this subject?

4. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

Be careful you don't give too much stimulus. What will your objective be? Use this to narrow down which type of stimulus you give.

5. nomad

nomad Star commenter

For a creative writing lesson?
    Rather apposite, I thought.
    Don't you think that the interview panel might be trying to assess YOUR creativity?

6. It's for a 40 minute lesson. I was thinking of using maybe 4 objects eg: a rusty key then asking the children to choose one to write a description about, or a story opener about them finding the objective but to focus on the description of the object. Could do some drama at first to explore the object maybe using questions like who did it belong to, how do you feel about finding it? Etc. What are your thoughts? Objective - To write a description using quality adjectives and figurative language.