1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas needed....

Discussion in 'Personal' started by bizent, Mar 1, 2011.

1. bizent

bizent Lead commenter

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but I'll give it a shot....
    I have to plan a programme for the summer which involves KS4 work-based learning students.
    The bonus is.... we don't have any money!
    Does anyone know of any companies that come into schools to do sessions for free? I know Natwest do a moneysense and we have been in contact with them, but I was wondering if anyone knows or has used anyone else?
    Not quite at the stage of begging....but getting close!!!

2. invincible

invincible New commenter

Try getting in touch with your local Connexions people and see if they have any contacts you can use.

3. invincible

invincible New commenter

Assuming Connexions still exists...
    (I don't know as I'm overseas)

4. Your local Rotary club should be able to help-they would have members who are/have been in business/ professional jobs who could do some seminars/mentoring/ arrange workplace visits etc.
    Many Rotary clubs already do things like mock interview days for secondary schools and donate free dictionaries to local schools etc. The good news is that they don't charge (and can often end up fundraising for worthy local groups/schools) as initiatives like this are regarded as part of their community service.
    google Rotary uk, to find links to your nearest club(s) -always a good idea to approach a couple of clubs as not all are as pro-active as they should be.