1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas needed for observed lesson on Tuesday - maybe something to do with pancakes?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Loony tunes, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Thank you all for your wonderful ideas. I knew you brilliant people would help. I was wanting to move onto some data handling work so that's perfect. I've never heard of Mr Wolf's pancakes before - am off to investigate. Thank you! [​IMG]

2. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Mr Wolf's Pancakes is a fab book. Why have I not heard of it before? I've decided we're going to do a bit of a maths trail through the story - counting out money needed to but the shopping, counting/measuring ingredients needed and then data handling with the children's favourite toppings. I'm very excited now. Thank you!

3. lazydaisy13

lazydaisy13 New commenter

Do you think this type of lesson would also work in a nursery setting?

4. Hi
    Could you link the two ideas together and do something about pancake races? I buy little drop scones to race with....
    You could maybe link it to 'The Pancake' Oxford Tree Reading Scheme boook or I found a powerpoint story (in resources) called 'The Big Pancake' - same theme as the gingerbread man.
    Good Luck.
    Emma