1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas needed for football topic please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Loony tunes, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Hi, our local football team is celebrating a big anniversary this year and so as part of a whole school heritage project, my class will do doing a football topic. They're a class of children with special needs working at about reception/year 1 level. Does anyone have any wonderful ideas for me? Thank you.

2. GrahamLawler

GrahamLawler New commenter

measuring angles from the goal postson the field to find the best place to shot to score i.e. th elargest angle!

3. Imtellingonyou

Imtellingonyou New commenter

What about very simple fantasy football? Each child buys a team of players (simplified values of course) and generates points for goals scored, clean sheets etc - same as the real deal just very simplified. Designing their own footbvall strips / building model stadiums out of cardboard, dice games to score goal linking to addition and subtraction - nrich has some good ideas for world cup simulations. Instructions for playing football (maybe not the offside rule though...), shape recognition on strips/pitches. Making food for a footballers diet. On the nut's website there used to be a World Cup teaching pack, obviously aimed at older children but could be adapted.

PSHE - rules and laws, teamwork
    PE - 5 aside or other smaller games, skill sessions.

That is a topic i'd love!!!!!

4. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Yes, I'm getting rather excited about it now! Thank you both for your ideas. Lots to think about...