1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas needed for football topic please

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Loony tunes, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Hi, I teach children with special needs who are working at about reception level. Next term we will be doing a whole school project on our local football team as it is a big anniversary. Does anyone have any wonderful ideas of things I could do? My brain is still a big sluggish from too many mince pies! Thank you.

2. Hiya, Ive moved to the computer to stop eating!
    You could ...
    Start by asking them what they know about football
    Refine a little to
    Good things/bad things/interesting things about football
    Need for rules link to Beh and s.control gender issues?
    Vocabulary associated with football ie home, away, goal, score, draw, strip, refereee, yellow/red card
    Favourite teams include family fan bases (communities)
    Colours/patterns of team shirts. link to Designing their own football shirt.
    Compound words - foot + ball, sun +flower etc
    numbers in team - different ways of arranging 11
    loads of physical stuff which i expect you have covered
    Problem solving such as,if arsenal scored 5 and Man city scored 2 how many goals altogether? Children could make their own up.
    I bought a set of little football models for the last world cup - if u can get hold of those they are lots of fun to use for descriptions of different players.
    Hope it helps eve

3. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Fab ideas Eve. Thank you, I'm starting to get really excited about it now!