1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas - Jataka Tales

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by dottie2, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Hi all! The dismal weather seems to be affecting my ability to be creative at the moment and options time is just around the corner... I'm looking for some good ideas on how to introduce the Jataka Tales to a Yr 9 group. Many thanks in anticipation[​IMG]

2. Hi all! The dismal weather seems to be affecting my ability to be creative at the moment and options time is just around the corner... I'm looking for some good ideas on how to introduce the Jataka Tales to a Yr 9 group. Many thanks in anticipation[​IMG]

3. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

very quick look on google - this site looks nice

http://www.jatakkatha.com/

4. I have done these stories before but because of the resources we have, I tend to associate them with younger children. Perhaps with older pupils, you need to explore some Jataka stories and then let them write their own stories in the same style which teach particular human values.