1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for year 11s?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by anon2047, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Hi,

I need some ideas for about 7-8 lessons for a class of year 11s I am covering. They will be leaving soon and I'm not sure what to do with them until then as they are unlikely to want to do much.

Any ideas gratefully appreciated!

Thanks
    Jaime

2. Make some android apps?

3. Use Prezi to create their own revision presentations. Groups collaborating on a chosen topic.

4. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

What does the HoD need them to do? I'm assuming they've completed an OCR nationals course rather than doing GCSE...
    Revision material may be more useful, or if you have to do some ICT, try something creative, e.g. animation.

5. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Further to the post about android apps, I understand that there are some stability issues with it particularly with IE. However if you want to get a quick heads up into it then you could try these videos http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL2D27126F35E50A1B

6. If you've got Adobe Flash then I've uploaded some tutorials on how to create games using ActionScript. Just click on my name and you should find the resources. It also includes lesson plans, teacher notes, starters, homeworks and video guides. Year 11's should be fine following them as I've done it with Year 8/9's.