1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for Year 1 home corner

Discussion in 'Primary' started by KarrieGem, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    For the first part of the autumn term my role play area for my year 1 class is going to be a home corner, but just feeling a bit uninspired at the moment. Does anyone have any good ideas for making the most of a home corner and creating a really engaging area?
    Any ideas greatly appreciated,
    K x

2. Hi all,
    For the first part of the autumn term my role play area for my year 1 class is going to be a home corner, but just feeling a bit uninspired at the moment. Does anyone have any good ideas for making the most of a home corner and creating a really engaging area?
    Any ideas greatly appreciated,
    K x

3. Would highly recommend:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stepping-Stones-Corner-Primary-Colours/dp/0748730877

I am in Year 1 and my topic this Autumn is Dungeons & Dragons so my role play area is based on the medieval hall area of a castle with a huge throne, a table set for a feast and a roaring fire. I tend to steer away from a 'home corner' with kettle, cooker etc as I find that an area related to the topic you are learning about will inspire children more. You can get some great independent writing too. Good luck whatever you decide to do.