1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for WWII party games

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Loony tunes, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Hi, I teach in a special school and we currently have a whole school WWII theme. I do a joint social skills afternoon with another class every fortnight and the next time it will be two of the pupils birthdays so we're thinking of making it a WWII party. I thought we could make some paper hats from newspapers but need some ideas for party games they would have played during WWII. Thank you!

2. Loony tunes

Hi, I teach in a special school and we currently have a whole school WWII theme. I do a joint social skills afternoon with another class every fortnight and the next time it will be two of the pupils birthdays so we're thinking of making it a WWII party. I thought we could make some paper hats from newspapers but need some ideas for party games they would have played during WWII. Thank you!

3. Beetle drive was around that time.
    Sassy

4. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Ah! Just what I was going to say! (They still have them in the church hall at the top of our street - weekly.) Good game.

5. markuss

markuss Occasional commenter

Consequences - not really a party, more a parlour game, from that era.

Pass the parcel.

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Bagatelle, Musical chairs, Pass the Parcel immediately spring to mind.

7. Loony tunes

Thanks for all your speedy replies. What's bagatalle? I've never heard of it.

8. Milgod

Milgod Established commenter

Have a look online for bagatelle. Great fun indeed!

I also LOVE the card game PIT, has been around for over 100 years now. My class can't get enough of it.

9. I really love the game Pit too but how do you play it with a class? We are going on a themed residential on WW2 in three weeks and I would like to play some appropriate games with the children for an evening's entertainment. Pit sounds a good idea if you can explain how you do it with a large group of children.