1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for whole school geography based week - primary

Discussion in 'Geography' started by scornbill, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Hi everyone,

I'm looking to plan a geography themed week for the whole school to take place this coming year and I'm looking for ideas and suggestions. Has anyone done anything similar and would be willing to share their experiences?

Thanks in advance... [​IMG]

2. Miss_CVJS

Miss_CVJS New commenter

Did you come up with a plan?!

I am also planning the same...currently thikning each class is given a country and do literacy/numeracy in the AM based on this followed by more creative work in the afternoons...

First time as a sibject leader and trying to find my feet with action plans etc!

3. I'm thinking of something similar called JOURNEYS. Each class takes an everyday product, eg, milk, jeans, a VW car, and trace its journey back to its roots, eg the ground. Just looking into visits and speakers. Good luck!

4. lau_2012

lau_2012 New commenter

Hi there,

I've just seen your post from 2014. I'm currently looking into ideas for a geography based week and wondered if you wouldn't mind sharing what you came up with?
    Any ideas/advice would be brilliant!

Thanks,
    Laura.