1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for songs to use with Reception/Y1

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by graleystives, May 24, 2011.

1. I wanted to build up a range of songs to use with my mixes R/Y1 class and hoped to use some new and interesting ones. I am not especially musical but love using singing where possible.
    What songs have people found to be successful? What has worked well?
    Many thanks.

2. I wanted to build up a range of songs to use with my mixes R/Y1 class and hoped to use some new and interesting ones. I am not especially musical but love using singing where possible.
    What songs have people found to be successful? What has worked well?
    Many thanks.

3. I am not a confident singer, but use ALOT of the sing up songs and the Out of the Ark music. As well as lots of nursery rhymes, and we make quite a lot up too. The Wiggles are also a huge hit in my class and they are constantly putting on their CDs!
    Oh, they also love random music I have on my itunes, such as g'day g'day by Slim Dusty which they requested about 5 times today!!!

4. Many thanks for the link.
    This is my first real class having just had PPA cover since qualifying 4 years ago so I am really excited and really grateful for the information.

5. Hi
    I think Bobby Shafto clap your hands is a great book. There are several in the series and they are new words to old music. Eg. The melody to bobby shafto has the words, clap your hands and wiggle your finger, clap your hands and wiggle your fingers, clap your hands and wiggle your fingers now we've made a pattern.

Theres a book with number songs and phonics songs. I am sure if you put Bobby shafto into amazon it will come up with all the others.
    Good luck