1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ideas for passages in CLC

Discussion in 'Classics' started by kahlan21, Jan 22, 2012.

1. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for how to make the longer passages in the CLC more interesting or varied. I do have various worksheets including gap-fill exercises, multiple choice, correct the mistake, etc, and I sometimes make quizzes on Quia. com, but I am looking for more variety, especially since I have a class with very mixed ability. Does anyone have ideas they would be happy to share please? Thank you in advance.

2. moonpenny

moonpenny Occasional commenter

To be honest, I think you're doing as much as can be expected.
    Over the 12 years I taught Latin in an Outer London Comp, I gradually found that you didn't need to complete the passages. Translate the second half yourself and move on.
    Andy_91 on mp's login.

3. Only just seen your response (sorry). Thanks for the info though.

4. Dear Kahlan,
    I am going to use CLC in september again. I had used the Dutch version of it a decade ago, but unfortunately the publisher decided to discontinue it. Now that we're opening a bilingual stream at our college, I am delighted to use the CLC again. Prererably I'd like to work with both the pupils book and the e-resource. So I'm interested very much in your worksheets and other materials, and hope you are willing to mail them to me: mh2@dds.nl
    In due course I will mail you what we will be developing as well!
    Best luck with your work, thanking you in advance
    Michael Buykx
    Orfeo international gymnasium
    Zwolle
    The Netherlands