1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for our year 6 leavers performance?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Glitter5, Feb 22, 2008.

1. I know its early but I want to get to grips with it all so its not a mad rush at the end of the term!

Our children are quite urban to say the least so was wondering if anybody has used published plays that were "cool" or had used their own ideas???

Thanks

2. I know its early but I want to get to grips with it all so its not a mad rush at the end of the term!

Our children are quite urban to say the least so was wondering if anybody has used published plays that were "cool" or had used their own ideas???

Thanks

3. Last year I based our play on a reunion party in 20 years time. They wrote their own little scripts and decided what they'd be doing and I put it all together, with songs and dances in between. It was quite sweet and funny. I ended by doing a slideshow with individual photos of them in reception and year 6 on a powerpoint slideshow, with Green Day's Time of my life playing and them singing along. Not a dry eye in the house! I have a script but it's quite personal to my class but I'm willing to share if you're interested. Good luck! :eek:)

4. Aww that sounds like a great idea!

5. beckij, that is exactly the type of thing I'm after, would you mind sending me the script? I would have a starting point then. I'm going to be crying my leg off!

Friedfrazzled, I'll have a look at that one too, thanks!

6. circustrain

circustrain New commenter

beckij - please could I have a look at the script too? We have to sort leavers & head & another longstanding teacher leaving, so need a mega performance this year & I would be so grateful for any ideas! Thanks!
    cbiddick@mount-hawke.cornwall.sch.uk

7. Please could I have a copy? This sounds just what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan.

johnnyjourno@hotmail.com

8. angrypuppy

angrypuppy New commenter

new to Y6 and finding it a bit tough to find inspiration - the reunion idea sounds really good, if you dont mind could I have a copy as a starting point
    thanks, mandy.crompton@hotmail.co.uk

9. this sounds fab. We're sorted for this year but could i have a copy to look at (might as well start thinking about next year as you've inspired me!!)

victoriafawcett@aol.com

10. Could I too have a copy. Many thanks mary25phillips@hotmail. com

11. Hi,

I know this is responding to a very old thread but it would be great to also get a copy of the script you mentioned -the reunion party.

thanks

northern_monkey05@hotmail.com

12. Hiya

Could I please have a copy of your script too please, it sounds great :)
    First time in year 6 michelle.kelly19@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks Michelle x