1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for Nursery based activity focusing on outdoor learning!please!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by luckyluce, May 8, 2011.

1. luckyluce

luckyluce New commenter

Hi
    I have an interview in a couple of weeks for early years coordinator post. For part of the interview I have to teach a group of 10 nursery children a 20 minute activity focusing on outdoor learning.

I would really appreciate any ideas.

Thank you
    Lucy x

2. How about doing a story journey such as Going on a bear hunt or Bears In The Night. You need to think of something where you can either take all the resources you need, don't need any or know that they have what you need. What sort of outside space is it? I would definately go with a story theme. Or you could go with a fun maths game for outside. A nature walk finding little bits and pieces to stick on a pre prepared card is lovely if they have a nice area to do it. You could challenge them to find as many different colours as they can.

3. Good luck by the way!

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Please NO!
    see other threads

5. If it is for a co-ordinator post I would go for something a lot more challenging and exciting for you and the children!

6. Sorry should have added an idea! How about teaching the children to whittle using potato peelers and they can whittle their own tools to mark make in the mud, paint etc etc Children love it!

7. Oh I don't know how you highlight this stuff, anyway Msz, hadn't thought of it like that and didn't read that it was a co-ordinator's post. It must drive you mad. What would you suggest to the OP as a regular intreviewer?