1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for music for the Wild Rumpus in Where the Wild Things Are

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by carmelch, Feb 15, 2012.

1. We have created our little drama based on Where the Wild Things are and now I need some dramatic music for our big monsters to dance to for the wild rumpus.
    Any ideas from you talented lot??

2. We have created our little drama based on Where the Wild Things are and now I need some dramatic music for our big monsters to dance to for the wild rumpus.
    Any ideas from you talented lot??

3. I did Where the Wild Things Are a couple of years ago. We used "The Monster Mash" (is that too predictable?) If you want to see the video of our show it's <u>here</u> (the bottom video). It's actually in Spanish but has hardly any speaking (just the text from the translated version of the book).
    Have you checked out the soundtrack to the film itself for ideas? I like Sing, sing, sing by Benny Goodman (not dramatic, but might work?). Maybe you could go for a bit of comedy? Take A Walk on the Wild Side. Or Wild Thing?As I was working in Spain, I couldn't play around much as no one would understand, but it can be funny when you're working with kids.