1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for making calendars.

Discussion in 'Personal' started by pastychucker, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Anyone got any good ideas for making calendars? I have some of those little tab calendars to attach to something but I just can't make my brain work. Ages 7 - 11.
    Thanks...

2. Anyone got any good ideas for making calendars? I have some of those little tab calendars to attach to something but I just can't make my brain work. Ages 7 - 11.
    Thanks...

3. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Air dry clay
    make a tile with textured impressions
    fix to a square of hessian or some other material
    then to a piece of card?
    Sewn patterns on binca?
    Weave a square with wool
    Sew on buttons made with fi/soff mo?
    God's eye?
    Laminated tissue paper collage?

4. Thank you - great ideas.

5. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Seasons collage on a circle to turn
    with a quarter windowed overlay?

6. clear_air

clear_air New commenter

Tissue paper stained glass windows?
    I used to love doing one of a sunset (painted) with a black tree on (ink blown with a straw) what I was at school myself!
    Weaving (they were a bit messy)?
    NOT a colour photocopy of parent&child's handwith a printout of a poem, and computer pictures don't give much of that 'handmade' feel.

7. missmunchie

missmunchie New commenter

What about a fingerprint tree? They just need a black ink outline of a tree and the fingerprints become the leaves or birds. Google for images of fingerprint tree.
    My daughter made one as a Christmas card a couple of years ago and I was very taken with it.
    It seems to be the thing to do at weddings now instead of the usual guestbook.

8. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

What sort of weddings do you go to munchie where the guests have to be finger printed ?????