1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for literacy for book shhh! In reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by kaz_allan, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Has anyone got any ideas they can share using this book to enhance and encourage writing?

Thanks all

2. I suppose sounds are an obvious one speech bubbles other characters /animals who could be in the story. What sounds would they make?
    Does the little princess have a quilt? I can't recall the picture details but if she does you could make a class quilt (all children writing their name beautifully on a square of paper or fabric decorating) and joining together . Notices around the school where they need to be quiet? other words we use to mean quiet? Timed writing when you say shhh what can they hear in 3 minutes.
    You could write on a big bed sheet words that begin with 'sh' ,
    I've strayed onto this forum because I'm avoiding report writing - but hope this is of use. If i think of anything else I'll get back to you. Eve

3. Great I love your ideas. I want to make my teaching input all inclusive and capturing forthem all too. I like the timer ideas I could use this in input or plenary.

Thank you so much.