1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for interview- lesson observation!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tinkeranabell, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Hello

I have my first interview in a couple of weeks. As part of it I will be teaching a class (unsure of year group yet- visiting Monday to find out!) They have asked us to teach something on the them of earth, water, air and fire (one or all of them) Does any 1 have any ideas or suggestions to help me develop my ideas?

I have thought of a couple of ideas- making boats and testing them in water and moving them across the water using straws, fans etc.

I am finding it very hard! Thank you

2. Hello

I have my first interview in a couple of weeks. As part of it I will be teaching a class (unsure of year group yet- visiting Monday to find out!) They have asked us to teach something on the them of earth, water, air and fire (one or all of them) Does any 1 have any ideas or suggestions to help me develop my ideas?

I have thought of a couple of ideas- making boats and testing them in water and moving them across the water using straws, fans etc.

I am finding it very hard! Thank you

3. What is your learning objective?

4. They haven't give an objective, they have said we can do anything! Do you think it would be wise just to stick to one- either Earth, air, water or fire or all of them?

5. moggycat

moggycat New commenter

I would keep it simple and stick to one. I think water is the easiest, especially if you are doing a practical activity!! Lots of cross curricular links possible too, science, literacy; writing about it and even art.

6. Yes they have said you can do anything but YOU need to come up with a clear learning objective and how you are going to support the children in achieving that objective.
    Turning up and just carrying out a random activity will not secure you a job.

7. I know I do but I can't come up with one when I don't know what year group it is yet and I haven't decided what activity I want to do. I want to gather my ideas first and then decide.

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Remember whichever year group it is, there will be a wide varity of ability within it , so you need to come up with a learning objective, which you then differentiate.

9. Personally I think it is really important to think of the learning objective before anything else. Ideas and activities should then flow from that.

10. I do both. I want to make my lesson exciting and practical for my observation so I am thinking of ideas first and then I will decide what is best.

Yes I will differentiate the learning objective.