1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ideas for inspiring writing in Year 1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by KarrieGem, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I'm an NQT and teach Year 1. At my school we are really focusing on writing at the moment and we doing a lot of work on basic sentence structure etc to try and improve the children's writing. I am going to be observed by the head teacher in a few weeks and she would like to see me do phonics and a literacy lesson with a focus on writing (possibly with a particular focus on applying what we are do in the phonics session). During that week we are not studying a particular text, it will be a sort of 'writing week'. I am really struggling to think of a good idea for the lesson. I am used to planning lessons based on a text or type of text but just can not think of any really inspiring ideas for a lesson with a phonics / writing phonics. Does anyone have any good ideas or maybe could share something they have done which worked really well?
    I would be really greatful for ideas,
    K x

2. Hi,
    I'm an NQT and teach Year 1. At my school we are really focusing on writing at the moment and we doing a lot of work on basic sentence structure etc to try and improve the children's writing. I am going to be observed by the head teacher in a few weeks and she would like to see me do phonics and a literacy lesson with a focus on writing (possibly with a particular focus on applying what we are do in the phonics session). During that week we are not studying a particular text, it will be a sort of 'writing week'. I am really struggling to think of a good idea for the lesson. I am used to planning lessons based on a text or type of text but just can not think of any really inspiring ideas for a lesson with a phonics / writing phonics. Does anyone have any good ideas or maybe could share something they have done which worked really well?
    I would be really greatful for ideas,
    K x