1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for GCSE observed lesson-SEN

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by steflovesandy85, Feb 9, 2018.

1. steflovesandy85

steflovesandy85 New commenter

Hi all,
    I'm studying the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training at a special school. Currently I teach a year 10 group of 7 students ( mixed ) with a variety of special needs ranging from ADHD and ASD to more complex and global learning difficulties. I require some starting points and inspiration for a 45 minute lesson that will be observed by my mentor. The focus for the observation will be on assessment, so I am hoping for ideas on creative AFL techniques to use throughout. I want to maximise the opportunity for students to demonstrate what they are learning , but have too many ideas of my own and cannot settle on anything right now! Previously we have looked at emotion in art, abstract art and some colour theory. I would really appreciate anyone's thoughts on this, thanks.

2. konstlarare

konstlarare New commenter

Hard to see how you can get more complex than ASD!? seriously what is the cognative level of your students? Happy to help if I can. Do you have a starting point prescribed by others? I once did an outstanding Art lesson abou tVolcanoes! Not my choice but it made me 'think outside the box' which was a lesson in its own right