1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for free resources...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by LittleCupcake, Feb 6, 2020.

1. LittleCupcake

LittleCupcake New commenter

I am looking for requests/ideas/inspiration to create free resources for primary teachers. Specifically drawings and possibly later on some animations as this is what I am trained in doing. So for example, pictures for displays, line drawings for children to colour in or illustrations for worksheets. My mother is a primary school teacher and I have experience working in schools. I am a graphic designer/illustrator by trade and have worked for an educational resource company in the past. I know how difficult it is to find images that are free to use and appropriate for schools, I’ve seen my mother struggle and I’ve helped her a lot with displays and imagery for her classroom over the years. I’d really genuinely like to help and going forward I’d like to continue taking requests from teachers in order to grow a bank of specially created resources for teachers to enjoy, to take a tiny bit of stress away from planning. And I have no intention of charging anyone for anything, so please know I’m not soliciting anything here. Please, let me know what (if anything) would be of interest. And all that being said, if this is not the best place to start a thread like this then please direct me to the best place!

2. bonxie

bonxie Senior commenter

What a lovely, generous idea!
    For teaching languages, simple line drawings of items found in vocabulary lists would be very useful, e.g,
    • cat, dog, rabbit, guinea pig, mouse, hamster, goldfish, hamster...
    • trousers, skirt, shoes, socks, hat, coat, shirt, gloves, scarf...
    • pencil, pen, paper, book, pencil sharpener, rubber, ruler...
    About 10 items per list would be about right.

Another idea, but for science this time, would be to produce detailed drawings of different habitats with lots of different plants and animals in them and related sheets where the individual plants/animals can be cut out to be used in different ways. These would be useful for identifying what lives where, producing food chains/webs, thinking about adaptations to environments etc.

Detailed pictures of scenes to used to inspire story writing would be good too.

3. LittleCupcake

LittleCupcake New commenter

Thank you so much for your detailed reply! I will certainly use these as a starting point and get drawing :). I will be looking for the best way to make the resources available for download today and will probably be back on this thread to provide a link for everybody. I really hope this can grow into something interactive and helpful for teachers. In the meantime, happy Friday to everyone!

bonxie and Lara mfl 05 like this.
  4. EBC

EBC Occasional commenter

Think about History topics. The animations would be great here. For example Great Fire of London, King's and Queens, drawings with label lines. Just a start. Good luck

Lara mfl 05 and LittleCupcake like this.