1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ideas for end of the week

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Faldamir12, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Faldamir12

Faldamir12 New commenter

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice really so I will be quick! =)

This friday my tutor group, year 11, will spend over an hour with me doing 'tutor activities'. I know the vast majority of teachers at my school will show a DVD, however I wanted to do something different, e.g. quizzes etc.
    Has anyone else done something exciting with an equivalent year group?
    Thanks in advance and happy christmas in advance! =)

2. Faldamir12

Faldamir12 New commenter

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice really so I will be quick! =)

This friday my tutor group, year 11, will spend over an hour with me doing 'tutor activities'. I know the vast majority of teachers at my school will show a DVD, however I wanted to do something different, e.g. quizzes etc.
    Has anyone else done something exciting with an equivalent year group?
    Thanks in advance and happy christmas in advance! =)

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

bbc.co.uk --> magazine --> 7 days quiz + discussion of the top news stories of the week: Milly Dowler phone tap / veto at Euro / opinions on X Factor results / Army Wives: what will Christmas be like for troops in Afghanistan? etc

4. Send me an e-mail at Citizenship@hotmail.co.uk and I will send you a 50 question quiz ideal for competitive types. I'll also send you the answers (handy!)

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

pm me with an email address and I will send you a 60 photo picture quiz in powerpoint and the answers.

6. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

This is not aimed at you, but how about this shocker... Why not just teach the subject that you are meant to, instead of wasting time on meaningless DVDs?

7. Because as the OP said it is tutor time not a lesson.

8. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

As I said, it is not aimed at the tutor.

9. Y11 - they can share tips on how best to prepare for their GCSEs.
    Count the weeks until the exams start & get them to draw up a revision timetable. Scare them!

10. Hi,

I know it was a little while ago now but could you send me a copy of the 60 photo picture quiz?

I have a Year 9 tutor group; the boys would prefer to game on one side
    of the room whilst the girls prefer to chat on the other side.

It would be great to have some useful activities ready for them during tutor time to help them use their time more wisely.

Many thanks

Michelle :)

johnsm444@virginmedia.com