1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for class song for competition??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Peanut182, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Every class has to choose a song to perform at a multi-school singing competition. It can be anything - someone is doing Katy Perry and apparently last year, one class did Bohemian Rhapsody! I teach Y3. I asked the children today if they had any ideas - their suggestions included Whitney Houston (..!) and Rihanna (<u>NO.</u>) - can any of you lovely folk help?I'm after something simple and that the kids will love. Something that won't drive me mad would also be a bonus! Thanks!

2. Every class has to choose a song to perform at a multi-school singing competition. It can be anything - someone is doing Katy Perry and apparently last year, one class did Bohemian Rhapsody! I teach Y3. I asked the children today if they had any ideas - their suggestions included Whitney Houston (..!) and Rihanna (<u>NO.</u>) - can any of you lovely folk help?I'm after something simple and that the kids will love. Something that won't drive me mad would also be a bonus! Thanks!

3. What about 'True Colours'? Very popular again due to Glee! A good website for inspiration is Sing Up, my children particularly liked the song 'Raise Your Voice'. It's a fantastic website.