1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for Career Alternatives Please?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by fullofsoundandfury, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Hi all!! I am finding teaching more and more stressful every year, and starting to feel that life is too short to keep going on like this. I teach English to KS3, KS4 and KS5. I love being in the classroom with the kids and engaging with them, but all the admin and other pressures is really getting me down. Anyone got any tips on what else I could do? Or steps I could take? I'll be on UPS1 next year so it's getting harder and harder to even get a job at a different school...

2. Hi all!! I am finding teaching more and more stressful every year, and starting to feel that life is too short to keep going on like this. I teach English to KS3, KS4 and KS5. I love being in the classroom with the kids and engaging with them, but all the admin and other pressures is really getting me down. Anyone got any tips on what else I could do? Or steps I could take? I'll be on UPS1 next year so it's getting harder and harder to even get a job at a different school...

3. sparklyeyes

sparklyeyes New commenter

This time last week I decided that I would try and find work as a nanny. I found a website to register on and had someone contact me two days later. I went to see her today, and would love to work for her as it includes some mentoring of very young teenage parents but it looks like i won't be doing, simply because of pay. I don't mind taking a drop in pay and working longer hours as money is not my motivation, however, after a very positive interview and fabulous feedback about how much she would like me to come and work with her, she now wants to drop the money even more. Sadly, it looks like I will have to refuse.
    I was able to consider this type of work because I have the NNEB from some years ago. Not sure what else I could do-considered an office job and got an interview for that, but office work really isn't for me.
    Good luck with your search.

4. Thanks - I will keep looking, praying and hoping!!