1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for Arts week - Olympics theme

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Eliz83, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I'm planning an Olympic-themed Art Week in June, and was wondering if anyone else was doing the same and/or has come up with any good ideas?

I want to explore sculpture during the week, but I'm not really sure where to start as it's my first year as Art Co-ordinator and I have never had to organise a whole school themed week before.

Any ideas/tips would be much appreciated!

Thanks

2. Making clay sculptures in sport style,for younger children you could have prepared sheet with the size for each piece -they make pieces (arms etc) then create sculpture. using cereal boxes to create figures, movement pictures where you creare background, create seperate figure then add stick to figure and slit to background figure then performs olympic sport. What about link to outdoors create twig/willow sculptures. Or different route -olympics history. Different stages different times in history and recreate past sports. Big outdoor sculptures could be good if you,re new would make big first impression. Could always start with picture, then cardboard sculpture then clay, then stick finally big sculpture. Qouldn,t do all with one year but different years could do 2 or 3 examples.
    Apologies for lack of commas and odd letters using touch screen and it keeps jumping about when i try to go back to correct!

3. Making clay sculptures in sport style,for younger children you could have prepared sheet with the size for each piece -they make pieces (arms etc) then create sculpture. using cereal boxes to create figures, movement pictures where you creare background, create seperate figure then add stick to figure and slit to background figure then performs olympic sport. What about link to outdoors create twig/willow sculptures. Or different route -olympics history. Different stages different times in history and recreate past sports. Big outdoor sculptures could be good if you,re new would make big first impression. Could always start with picture, then cardboard sculpture then clay, then stick finally big sculpture. Qouldn,t do all with one year but different years could do 2 or 3 examples.
    Apologies for lack of commas and odd letters using touch screen and it keeps jumping about when i try to go back to correct!