1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for an interactive question display

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Loony tunes, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Hi, I teach a class of special needs children who are working at early years level. We've been focusing our communication work on asking and answering questions. I want to do some sort of interactive display based around questions but am not feeling very inspired. Does anyone have any fab ideas? Thank you?

2. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

Help? Am thinking some sort of thing where they can construct their own questions but can't get any further than that...

3. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

We have some 'talking tins' around Reception - we record challenges on them e.g Can you sort the different coins? in maths area; Can you make up a fairytale? in small world play. Perhaps your children could record their own questions (if you had the tins).

Probably not much help.

4. Could you do something where you have a flap (an a4 piece of paper folded over) You could have the question on the front and the answer inside. For eg we have done a baby picture on the front and the children wrote 'Guess who I am?' or something similar and you lifted the flap to see the picture of the child now.

5. I always found when I taught Reception that phonics style silly questions worked well. i.e. can a cat be pink? Is a dog fat or thin? etc. They then wrote their name under yes or no or posted their name in the yes or no box. Not sure if this was the sort of thing you had in mind but my kids always liked it!