1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for after school club

Discussion in 'Primary' started by RiecesPieces, Sep 8, 2017.

1. RiecesPieces

RiecesPieces New commenter

Hi all!

I work in an international school where we have to lead at least one after school club a week. Yesterday I was told that this year I will have the year 5 'Fitness and Wellbeing' club (I don't even teach year 5).
    I'm now looking for suitable ideas that don't need too many resources - I won't have time to do a lot of planning plus our school is really poorly equipped.
    I guess there will be about 10-15 children and I don't even know if I will have a room yet! It might just be a random classroom or outside with no access to a computer, board or music. The club will be on for about 40 minutes. I am completely blank to be honest and would be super grateful for some ideas!!

RiecesPieces

2. galerider123

galerider123 Lead commenter

I think you need to know what the objectives are from the school for this group. Has someone there taught it before? What did they do? Who, if anyone, is targeted?

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  3. Wotton

Wotton Lead commenter

Do a fitness check at the beginning, plan some activities and then retake the fitness check to see if there has been an improvement. You could also include healthy eating, lots on the internet for this.
    http://www.topendsports.com/testing/children.htm

Lara mfl 05 likes this.