1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ideas for a recycling display

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by rhodes1234, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Hi im doing a display on recycling I've backed the board with newspaper but would love ideas on what to pup on it! Im making small 3d recycled animals at the moment but they are for a table display not for the board, we are waiting for the weather to get better to make a big garden recycle peacock but im still stuck for displaying stuff on the board
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

2. You could stay with newspapers collage using letters (children's names) and numbers focus of difference between. Folding into tubes cutting one side and pulling out to make trees. Making hats and clothes using newspapers. Could add in plastic bottles suspended by fishing line, ten plastic bottles hanging near the wall ..(song). Container shape sort looking for corners naming 3d shapes etc. Materials: sort plastic paper. printing with different packages guess which one was used. Cut up cardboard boxes To use for labels.

3. doctorinthetardis

doctorinthetardis New commenter

We did a great artwork project where we gave the kids a ton of recycling materials and they created an abstract piece of art using them, gluing them to a hard piece of cardboard. They looked fab on the wall! The kids loved it ... here is a link to the video we watched first to help us ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OZg4t8o-AM ... hope that gives you some inspiration ... :D

4. Thanks some great ideas,

5. Thanks doctorinthetardis but I can't seem to find the link :(

6. Hi I managed to watch it great inspiration thanks I like the idea may ask the children to look on our messy table and shelves for scraps of string paper etc plus it may tidy my table to, and I have a big canvas we could recycle what a great large group activity this will be can't wait to go to work now, thank you :)

7. doctorinthetardis

doctorinthetardis New commenter

Yes it's a great video isn't it!! That's a fab idea to do it as a large group activity ... will look great on a big canvas ... individual ones also look nice but that collaboration will just be lovely!! Glad to be of help :D