1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for a Rainforest class name

Discussion in 'Primary' started by mashleigh, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

My Year 3 class topic next term is Rainforests and I'm currently trying to come up with a class name. I don't want anything obvious like an animal name, I asked the children and they suggested the something tribe which I think is a good idea but we (and I) couldn't come up with anything good to go before it. Has anyone got any good ideas? Or any ideas for any other class names at all?

Thanks,

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer holidays :)

2. Hi everyone,

My Year 3 class topic next term is Rainforests and I'm currently trying to come up with a class name. I don't want anything obvious like an animal name, I asked the children and they suggested the something tribe which I think is a good idea but we (and I) couldn't come up with anything good to go before it. Has anyone got any good ideas? Or any ideas for any other class names at all?

Thanks,

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer holidays :)

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Learning tribe?

Achieving tribe?

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Off the wal suggestion!
    Make up a name like Yanomami which is a real Amazonian tribe or Wayatupi ( which is a made up one I think?) Could 'play around' with vowels & consonants to make up one of their own?

5. Thanks guys. Both good ideas. I like the idea of Yanomami, I saw that on an earlier thread. Thing is that I'd like to stick with their idea of being a tribe if possible - I just feel like everything sounds a bit twee. They came up with ideas of terrific tribe, but it's got to stick for a whole term so it's got to be something that I can say without cringing!!

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

But if THEY made up their own name it would be the xxxxxxx tribe! Plus they'd have some ownership of the name.