1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas bank needed!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lillipad, Sep 4, 2011.

1. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I have a boy who is on FSP 4 coming into my new year 2 class. Is there a bank of ideas / activities anywhere or that anyone has that they could send me that I could get some ideas for him from?! Hellllp!

2. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

I have a boy who is on FSP 4 coming into my new year 2 class. Is there a bank of ideas / activities anywhere or that anyone has that they could send me that I could get some ideas for him from?! Hellllp!

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

FSP 4 in all areas? It doesn't actually mean anything to be honest you need to know which ELG he has achieved to know what he needs to progress.

4. I am just interested - why is he being assessed on FSP rather than P levels now that he is in year 2? x

5. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

Crikey sorry I should have said in Maths. I forgot that bit. I have no idea why he's been assessed as FSP, i'm new to the school and it's the only data i've been given.

6. Msz

Msz Established commenter

Because unless he has SEN he shouldn't be assessed using P scales (although most schools do)
    There are 3 strands to maths in the EYFS is he scoring 4 on all 3 areas or just one area? You really need to know which ELGs he's achieve to make any sense of it.

7. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

if he's not SEN, he prob should be, as that would be a cause for concern in YR never mind beginning of Y2. if he is, use P scales not ELG. if he's not, then have a look into getting him on the register, maybe?