1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas appreciated for primary liaison activity

Discussion in 'English' started by Facetious, Jan 24, 2012.

1. I have been visiting our local primary feeder schools to observe Y6 literacy lessons, in order to establish some kind of continuity in Y7. Although the initial visits were to get to know the children and the expectations, etc, I would like to do some kind of literacy activity with each of the classes too. I'm new to primary liaison, and just wondered if anybody had more experience of what kind of activities work well in what is a very short space of time. My timetable only allows me to be free for an hour, and that includes travel time. I reckon a half hour activity is my limit. I had thought about doing Kung Fu punctuation with them, or maybe homophone bingo, but I'm really lacking imagination at the moment (I'm blaming it on tiredness!). Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

2. I have been visiting our local primary feeder schools to observe Y6 literacy lessons, in order to establish some kind of continuity in Y7. Although the initial visits were to get to know the children and the expectations, etc, I would like to do some kind of literacy activity with each of the classes too. I'm new to primary liaison, and just wondered if anybody had more experience of what kind of activities work well in what is a very short space of time. My timetable only allows me to be free for an hour, and that includes travel time. I reckon a half hour activity is my limit. I had thought about doing Kung Fu punctuation with them, or maybe homophone bingo, but I'm really lacking imagination at the moment (I'm blaming it on tiredness!). Any ideas would be very much appreciated.