1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideal shoes found for Head teachers on feet all day!

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by dusty67, Jun 12, 2011.

1. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

Well, I'm wearing my open toed fitflops today[​IMG]
    Mainly because I forgot to change my footware after walking the dog! Was distracted by my eldest wearing his scholo uniform for the last time today as it's his final GCSE. Where does the time go?

2. we go barefoot here...but then we also knit our own lentils weave sandals out of raffia [​IMG]

it doesn't matter what teachers wear either way...it matters only when what teachers wear becomes more important to the school leadership than how they teach...I know someone who left teaching after being asked to stand at the bottom of a stairwell looking up the boys trousers to check whether they were wearing odd socks...and I know a teacher who was disciplined for wearing birkenstocks in a heat wave...
    Hotter hiking sandals are great..all their shoes are really comfy though.

3. That's bonkers about the sock check! Odd socks is a quiet bit of British subversion, under seemingly conformist attire. Like our queuing and rebellious streak, 'I was so angry I nearly said something' attitude. Getting children to school is surely the main aim in many schools. We have a family who needed clean clothes so we found some, on deeper investigation a washing machine, beds, bedding and food were also required.