1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Ideal jobs

Discussion in 'Personal' started by jubilee, Jan 2, 2012.

1. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Mr jubilee and I want this job. Unfortunately, we are not free to up sticks at the moment as his mother is due another course of chemo.
    http://www.tes.co.uk/job/private-tutor-and-pa-41429/
    There are other tutor posts for a family in Moscow and for a family on a yacht (Europe) advertised on TES Jobs and the pay is around £5k per month!

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

£72k for "full time support after school" - does that mean to keep an eye on them and help them with their homework?

3. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Someone pointed this out at school a few weeks ago. I imagine it being a gilded cage with "difficult" employers and children and the possibility of losing your job on a whim - or am I just being pessimistic?

4. It means do their homework for them. I don't know if you'd have to do maid duties as well. They probably have one of those already.

5. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

me id like a job being waited on by dusky madians under the palm trees of some south sea isle!......and being paid for it.

6. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Just a month on that pay rate would earn me more than I get all year from supply teaching at present.

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Can you not go and do it for a month then? It'd give you the rest of the year for your family duties!

8. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Only problem is Geneva is so bloody expensive £72k wouldn't go that far!

9. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Elderly relative has 18 weekly chemotherapy sessions booked starting next week and we are the only family available to look after her.

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I'm tempted to go to Saudi for a year or two.