1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Idea for Year 6 play??

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Penguin1212, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Hi!
    Wonder if anyone can tell me of a good Year 6 play for my class. I only have 19 - boy heavy (13 b 5 g) with very few who can sing. Was wondering if anyone knew of a good play that would be suitable, singing is fine as the rest of the school act as the choir - but I have no strong singers for solo roles (although I could pull from Yr 5 but wanted to keep main roles Y6) There are a couple of decent little actors/actresses but more that are shy. It is an expectation that they do a play and they are looking forward to it but just hoped I could find something decent that would not rely on me getting the main cast from other year groups.
    Thanks in advance!

2. I did Oliver Twist a few years ago. I've uploaded the script we adapted - click on my name and go through my resources; sorry, I don't know how to put direct links in here! I have to say though that there could be copyright issues, which I didn't think about at the time, but I just thought I should mention it. We had a lot of boys too and they really enjoyed it.

Edgy productions are also good. I've used several of theirs though I can't think of any off hand that are best for a boy heavy class.

3. luffenham

luffenham New commenter

Might be worth looking at http://www.rightroyalscene.co.uk/ (hope that link works) I used Robin Hood one at Christmas and it went down well. Thats too large a cast and well... Christmassy! But I think I remember some that were smaller cast and other subjects
    Worth a look perhaps