1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ict year 7s

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by sdkelly123, Jul 23, 2011.

1. hi, i'v just been observed by deputy head of school on a year 7 lesson, we were doing review of a piece of work we had just finished, got graded satisfactory but was told that my lesson could have been fun / more interactive as not all students were engaged. anyone got any advice for september, my first few weeks are going to be about e - safety - cyber bullying etc, has anybody any ideas / tips for this topic that i could use? I get the feeling I will hve drop ins by the same person that observed me!

2. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

I use this exercise and it goes down well
    https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Comics-using-comic-life-and-drawplus-6085589/

3. Looked at this to enhance my SOW - as usual, I bow down in appreciation. It is my biggest regret that your website closed before I had chance to subscribe...
    Thank you so much for continuing to share.

4. "Cracking little sets of videos.... "
    Nothing like blowing your own trumpet!

5. djphillips1408

Alternatively, it could perhaps be said that as I have made over the years around 1000 video tutorials, and if you care to look in the resource bank you will see a few hundred, I might be able to make a judgement about which ones are better than other ones. This particular set of videos worked well with my kids and I know the skills used in it are good, so I am quite happy putting the words "cracking litte set of videos".
    So I can't blow my own trumpet, yet if we head back to this link here you are allowed to tell me that I must be some sort of clown because I can not interpret the evidence in a way that your superior mind can (which ironically you do incorrectly anyway)
    I have been on this forum for just shy of 10 years now, which in it's own right means nothing at all, however it does mean that I have seen a lot of posters. So when one comes along with the moniker "compisbest" whcih I assume pretty much is derived from the concept that you see computing (a subject I can not teach) being superior to ICT, then frankly you get my back up from day 1. If you want to go for a flame war then knock yourself out, I won't be responding from now on as you know where I stand and you can probably work out what I think of you. Good luck with your impending retirment.

6. Cracking reply. I used to work with someone like you up to a few years ago. They constantly got everyone's back up with arrogance that could have won olympic gold - they knew best and everyone else's efforts were only worth being put down. Thank God they were encouraged to move on and seek promotion - ah yes, promotion, the path for those who need to be got rid of so often (present company excepted, of course). Have a cracking Summer. Perhaps make a few more cracking videos and give yourself a cracking review (again). I hope to read a few of them when I return from a cracking holiday in Spain.

7. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

@Compinbest - I think you're on a loser here from the start. Whatever your beef with DJP is you need to look at:
    <ol>[*]the number of resources he has been willing to contribute[*]compare that with your own[*]take a look at the number of posts where he contributes and people thank him for it[*]compare that with your own</ol>I've bought, on behalf of the school I work in the resources DJP has developed and find them very useful - the fact that he still produces them and shares them for free with everyone says something about his character. In exactly the same way your response speaks volumes about yours.
    When someone shares something for free saving you the time and effort of doing so yourself say thanks, then use them or not your choice and personally I don't care but don't have a go at one of the more prolific and valued contributors for contributing when you don't!

8. I think my post is a cracking post.
    And I've suspected for a while that DEmsley and DJP are one and the same, both used to promote videos, which may be free on here but are a vehicle for the non-free ones elsewhere.
    Cracking. Now I really am off to get my plane. See you in three weeks.

9. djphillips1408

Really a very simple google would show that not to be the case, I'll give you a start I am David Phillips and I work at Borden Grammar School in Sittingbourne, see if you can find where a Mr D Emsley works.

10. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

Just to add my two penneth, I'd like to echo everything Demsley says above - and I don't work anywhere near Kent!!

11. Now I come to think about it - David P, Dave E... And I've never seen both in the same room at the same time...

And Dave Lizewski was the guy who dressed up as Kick-Ass. And I've never seen him in the same room either!