1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT subject leader and TLR

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by NEvans3103, Feb 24, 2012.

1. I was wondering if anyone could shed any light on whether I could/should be receiving a TLR payment for my role as ICT subject leader. I work in a primary school and I know that the previous ICT leader received a TLR2 for this role. I also know of other teachers in different schools who get this additional pay. I was given the role at the beginning of this year but it hasn't been addressed with me.
    Are there any specific reasons why the school shouldn't offer me TLR for the role or are there additional requirements I would have to meet in order to be eligible?
    I'm not the type of person to ask my school for more money, but I would feel pretty hard-done-by if I was entitled to TLR but was too afraid to ask!
    Thanks

2. Your are definitely not the type of person who should be getting a TLR. just do the job for normal pay.
    Hope that sheds some light for you.

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

if the TLR is included in the school's staffing structure you should be getting it - no question. 'Fraid you will have to raise it tho'.