1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT software KS1 and KS2

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by Anisha_J, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Anisha_J

Anisha_J New commenter

Hi,

I currently teach ICT at a small school to both KS1 and KS2. I'm a little fed up of using MS Word, Paint and PowerPoint..

I was wondering if anyone could share what they use at their schools other seen at other schools?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Anisha

2. border_walker

border_walker Lead commenter

Scratch, logo. How do you teach the programming element of the computing curriculum? Simple video editting? But i get the impression from your question that you think ICT (computing) teaching is about teaching software - it isn't.
    PS I always thought that Primary ICT was better delivered using software written for this age group rather than using MS Office.

3. ronnieg

ronnieg New commenter

They still need to be taught how to use software so they can use in computing and in other subjects.

Kodu is a good one to use - different and quite simple to pick up - try using Sketchup to create 3D designs. Use websites such as Blippit so the children can create their own phone apps. Try some game design websites like Sketchup - the children love it!

4. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

I included a list of software in my 'toolkit', see here.