1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT skill test

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by littlemissraw, Dec 30, 2010.

1. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

IMO its just the dreadful software that they use that slows everyone down on ICT. Alot of ICT students I knew failed first go because they were so used to using office shortcut keys and they couldn't.
    Just keep trying, once you know the software you'll get quicker x

2. I passed my Literacy and (amazingly!) Numeracy first time and failed ICT. I took it again and failed. Third time lucky - I passed.
    Although I found the Passing Numeracy First time book very good; the ICT one is useless. OIt tells you what you need to do but not how to do it.
    My breakthrough came when I sat down with an ICT guy at uni and he showed me how to insert formulae into spreadsheets (surprisingly easy once you are shown how) and hwo to mark the web browsing folders.
    The ICT is no test of good skills unlike the other two tests. It is a pointless hoop to jump through.
    Keep trying and get someone to show you a few of the spreadsheets tricks and that should make a difference.
    Good Luck.