1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT room monitoring software - any ideas?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by ict123, Jun 28, 2011.

1. ict123

ict123 New commenter

As posted above AB Tutor will only run on a PC network but is very effective and most importantly in these trying times cheap! Excellent product

2. We use Lanschool, very effective. I can monitor students, stopp individuals going on the internet whilst letting those that can stay on task use the internet and demonstrate using my screen or students. Very good way better than other software encountered.

3. It depends how much you want to use it. LANSchool falls down on "demoing" across screens as it's too slow and choppy. Ranger Remote Control is nice but has bugs, doesn't include the nice LANSchool web history / keyboard history etc. I'd go with Impero if you have unlimited budget, otherwise AB Tutor as others suggest.

4. http://www.imperov3.co.uk/classroommanagement.aspx We have not started using it yet but it looks very very good.

5. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

6. oldgit

oldgit New commenter

Thanks, all. Have downloaded trial versions of a couple of these suggestions so should find something which fits the bill.

7. Alycya

Alycya New commenter

We use NetSupport School at our 6th form college. Allows me to view student screens,show my screen to all/some, block websites, limit surfing to allowed websites only, block apps and drop/pick up files to and from student C drives, which is handy in graphics lessons. It also keeps an internet and applications history for each user while you're logged on (handy for finding the little darling who used command prompt to disconnect himself or the address of the proxy site that's currently doing the rounds). Not used any of the others mentioned, and no idea about costs I'm afraid, but it's worth having a look at.

8. <font size="2">We have got Netsupport
    and it runs very well (with a few tweaks) very user friendly and very powerful
    for staff.</font>

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman">

</font><font size="2">Has several abilities
    able to see all the screens for a class able to lockdown applications and
    websites, can demo 1 student to a class or the teacher to a class. </font>

</font><font size="2">When we brought
    it (about 5 years ago) the price was very completive, </font><font size="2">definitely worth
    a look, pc only currently but they have almost sorted out a Mac version (it's
    in beta currently)</font>

</font><font size="2">Another option is
    Impro again like Netsupport but has the ability to a few more cleaver things,
    it can flag phrases and can work out off a picture what you are looking at and
    can capture it for investigation (takes some setting up) </font>

</font><font size="2">I've not personally
    used Impro had a demo but didn't offer much over Netsupport to warrant
    retraining the staff at our site.</font>

</font><font size="2">Both Netsupport
    and Impro will happily demo and I believe that both have 30 day trials (don't
    try and run them at the same time you will encounter problems)</font>

</font>

9. Thanks to everyone for kind comments on Impero. Let us know if anything I can do to help anyone. Also we do not want price to be barrier so please talks to us..

Russell

Regards
    Impero
    Support Engineer & Educational Technologist