1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT resources for KS1 / Foundation Stage

Discussion in 'Primary' started by paul_mc1, Jun 2, 2011.

1. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

Thinking about my budget for next year, what ICT resources would really impact upon teaching and learning in KS1 / FS? Also, do you think stop frame animation coan be achieved by Y2 or is it more KS2?

Thanks

2. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

Thinking about my budget for next year, what ICT resources would really impact upon teaching and learning in KS1 / FS? Also, do you think stop frame animation coan be achieved by Y2 or is it more KS2?

Thanks

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

What do you already have?
    I use a simple SFA with year 1 - they can get the idea fairly easily.

4. paul_mc1

paul_mc1 New commenter

Not much at the moment, I'm in the process of buying video cameras, Bee-bots etc but would like to know what other people find useful - I don't want it sitting on the shelf! What SFA program have you used?

Thanks

5. Our ICT provision is poor so the majority of my budget this year is going on computers for the children- and staff laptops as they have all ground to a spectacular halt.
    Beebots are useful for control technology. We bought some recordable things too (easispeak microphones, postcards, story mountains) which are good BUT very had to use and hear in a classroom environment. We also have tuffcams, which are good for recording roleplay etc but require memory cards to hold much data.
    My favourite thing is my CD player from TTS - it has 6 sets of headphones and keeps a group occupied and engaged, especially when teamed with a talking story CD.
    Oh and how could I forget - 6 Samsung netbooks - BRILLIANT. They are tiny and portable, used for group work, both guided by adults and independantly. I have them out in my classroom whenever I can, set the kids up on Busythings.co.uk (a great subscription service for FS/Early KS1) and off they go controlling their own learning. I also bought 6 child-sized mice to go with them as they find the touchpads tricky.