1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT QTS Skills Test

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by wibblymoo, Apr 7, 2012.

1. wibblymoo

wibblymoo New commenter

I can't seem to get an official answer to this question anywhere!!!!

Basically, although the ICT Skills Test has now been abolished, meaning anyone new to ITT as of September 2012 will NOT have to take the test, I'm due to qualify and complete my ITT in July 2012. Therefore, do I still need to take the ICT Skills Test!?!

I've done the Literacy one and the Maths will hopefully be third time lucky next week, but since I heard of the abolishion of the ICT test I haven't bothered sitting it. Should I?

Help!

2. wibblymoo

wibblymoo New commenter

I can't seem to get an official answer to this question anywhere!!!!

Basically, although the ICT Skills Test has now been abolished, meaning anyone new to ITT as of September 2012 will NOT have to take the test, I'm due to qualify and complete my ITT in July 2012. Therefore, do I still need to take the ICT Skills Test!?!

I've done the Literacy one and the Maths will hopefully be third time lucky next week, but since I heard of the abolishion of the ICT test I haven't bothered sitting it. Should I?

Help!

3. I had the ICT booked for yesterday. About 2 weeks ago I had an e-mail to tell me it had been cancelled. So even if I had wanted to still sit the test I couldn't - they cancelled it for me. I'm taking that to mean that I don't need it to qualify.

4. Hi

I also qualify in July. I had all 3 booked in in December, but was then told that as the ICT was defunct there was no point sitting it. I was told that by my uni as well as by the test centre - they basically said I could sit the test if I wanted for the certificate, but that the certificate would be worthless really anyway!

Hope that helps and clears things up... the TDA websites etc aren't the most helpful are they?!