1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT planning years 4 and 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by katiehatie, Aug 27, 2011.

1. I qualified in July and have taken a part-time maternity cover position that was offered as a consolation prize when I didn't get the full-time position i applied for. As this was right at the end of term I have got little info on what I have to plan for and what little info I loaded onto my memory stick from the school won't open on my Mac......damn compatibility issues! Therefore I am floundering slightly with my ICT planning as I have not had a great deal of experience in this area. I have year 4 and year 6 that I am teaching ICT to (separately of course!) The school has a creative curriculum and therefore the topic links into ICT, Year 4 are doing the Domesday Book and Year 6 are doing Animals from hot/cold climates. I believe the first ICT area is supposed to be Communicating Information and that Year 4 will be looking at and creating their own newspaper reports and Year 6 will be researching and creating a powerpoint but my instructions are a bit sketchy.
    Given that this is my first qualified teaching post I am scared shitless about screwing up and ICT is not my strong point. I don't even know how many weeks I would get to cover this first area, is it a half termly thing? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated..... if i had been given a timetable of literacy, maths, science, history, drama or music it would have been game on, but i have got the short straw of picking up PPA cover of the subjects the class teachers want to avoid having to teach so 2 days of PSHE and ICT! :-(

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. Thank you Marlin.