1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT Planning year one

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hwhith1, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Hello!

Does anyone have any advice to long term planning for ICT in year one?
    I am told by the ICT co-ordinator in school that I have to cover the QCA objectives but can do so any way I want.
    Really felt like last term my ICT teaching was pants and looking to make some links between the objectives covered and our topics.

Our next major topic is materials with a big focus on science- using and sorting materials and art- investigating materials and processes.

Is anyone doing a similiar topic next half term if so which QCA objectives are you covering?
    Does anyone have any long term planning advice for inks that I could make?
    Thanks

Hope everyone is looking forward to the hols!!!

2. Hello!

Does anyone have any advice to long term planning for ICT in year one?
    I am told by the ICT co-ordinator in school that I have to cover the QCA objectives but can do so any way I want.
    Really felt like last term my ICT teaching was pants and looking to make some links between the objectives covered and our topics.

Our next major topic is materials with a big focus on science- using and sorting materials and art- investigating materials and processes.

Is anyone doing a similiar topic next half term if so which QCA objectives are you covering?
    Does anyone have any long term planning advice for inks that I could make?
    Thanks

Hope everyone is looking forward to the hols!!!

3. I've not really got any advice for you, I'm an NQT in Year 1 and I just really wanted to say I feel exactly the same as you! Our topic next term is Homes and gardens and it's heavy on Materials too. I'm using the QCA Units. The Labelling and Classifying Unit fits in well with exploring and sorting materials and I'm hoping to do the unit on Modelling through making shape pictures of buildings. Do you have any ideas of what you'd like to do?

4. Hey

Just having look now, and thinking that I will probably do labelling and classifying one as it does seem to be the obvious fit.

Not any amazing brain waves so far,
    thought of: week 1 using ICT session to take children on a walk around school grounds looking for materials that fit description and record using digital camera.

Then use children's pictures to ask them to sort the materials according to a criteria.

Children can then make labels for pictures.

Thats it so far!! Not brilliant!!
    Problem is fitting around my science lessons as we have a specific slot in the ICT room.
    Would be much easier if we had computers in classroom and the task could be part of provision in year one!!
    Any ideas yourself?

5. Have a look on the Greenwich site - they have great ICT plans - if they don't fit in with your topic (as they always follow a theme) you could always adapt them

6. The title did make me shudder for a moment and what we may have become...children don't start reading in Denmark until they are eight.

7. I have tried using the LGFl Greenwich site but everytime I try to open a file it shuts the internet down. Does anyone have any solutions or has already downloaded the planning for 1C information and could email it to me
    Thank you
    janis.thorpe@ntlworld.com

8. Have sent you an email.

9. Thank you to both Simon and Craig for sending the planning I can now get on with some work.

10. Hi, would you be kind encough to forward me any year ICT planning you have please. Im going around in circles with it!!

Kind regards, Catherine

cat_1980@hotmail.co.uk

11. StAL

StAL New commenter