1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT planning year 3/4 any help?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Niali, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Niali

Niali New commenter

I have been given the exciting task of teaching ICT to our 3 year 3/4 classes - however I cannot find any planning anywhere! Therefore I must write one *sigh*
    I'm just wondering what everyone else does - do you link it to the topics you are covering currently or are you looking at developing skills? Have people just used the QCA topics and made them exciting or has anyone found a super duper MTP (eg Hertfordshire, Northumberland) that they swear by?
    The area I teach in isn't very affluent so I'm not assuming that they can use a computer easily though an ICT lesson before the end of term showed that they are familiar with using a computer and the Internet but do struggle to pick out key information on a page - is this something I should be teaching year 3/4 or should I leave that to year 5/6?
    Any ideas/links to good lessons would be fantastic! PS our first topic is Romans.

2. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Newham has a good scheme of work which might be a good starting point:
    http://www.itass.newham.gov.uk/curriculum/sow.aspx

3. Niali

Niali New commenter

thank you very much!

4. That Mr Lovegrove one is fantastic. Thank you.