1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT national curriculum

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by kimberlie, Jan 9, 2011.

1. I have an interview for a ICT PGCE 11-16 on Thursday, and doing some research.
    However I am having difficulties in locating the national curriculum. I have found something, but there doesn't seem to be much information.

Can any please help me find it and give me any advice for my interview in regards to any of the following aspects.

> National Curriculum
    > The challenges facing the ICT teacher in 11-16 curriculum
    > The wider role of the teacher
    > Current educational issues
    > Examples of work to show practicial skills in ICT

I am aiming to prepare myself as much as possible for the interview.

2. Thank you, this is the one that I had found, glad its right

3. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

...but it isn't. Gove has scrapped it.

4. It isn't? Where can I find the correct one, my interview is on thursday!

5. Hi Kimberlie,
    The national strategy has been scrapped, which basically means that teachers no longer need to follow this. Some schools will still choose to follow this, as it ensures that they still cover all of the criteria that is expected by OFSTED at KS3. If a school chooses to not follow the national strategy for ICT, they must still evidence the criteria through whatever curriculum they choose to offer. For example, at my current school I have decided to scrap following the national strategy units, but I also need to ensure that the new units I have created cover the assessment criteria.
    Don't worry about this though, as the document you have is the most up-to-date and will still be useful for your interview.
    I hope that's easy to understand? I've started to confuse myself by trying to explain it!
    Good luck!