1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT - Monitoring Progress

Discussion in 'Primary' started by getrichquick, May 2, 2011.

1. Hi

I am just wondering how other ICT Co-ordinators monitor children's progress each year.
    We teach ICT through the creative curriculum; the Deputy works with the class teachers to ensure that all of the ICT objectives from the National Curriculum are planned for, then it is up to the teacher to teach them.
    In September, the children are assessed in all subjects (through formal assessments in English, Maths and Science, and teacher's observations that they make during lessons in foundation subjects and ICT.) These are then recorded on an assessment grid. At the end of each topic, teachers assess the children's abilities in the subjects they have taught through that topic, and record them on the same grid. Then, the children are assessed again at the end of the year. The levels are then reported to the HT, DHT and relevant co-ordinators at the end of the year.
    I am concerned that, as ICT co-ordinator, I don't know too much about how much the children have achieved from September to now. I only know what teachers tell me, what the children tell me, and what I see when I do lesson observations and work sampling. I was thinking of asking to see samples of the assessment grids that the levels are recorded on, but I just wanted to know how you monitor progress throughout the year.

Thanks.
    GRQ.