1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT Mark HELLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by MrCatMan, Apr 2, 2012.

1. I am sure that by the title of my post you will have already established that I am very close to falling out with the SRF!
    The problem is as follows...
    In our school we all tend to talk in plain English with limited pointless jargon. Unfortunately, the SRF seems to love using language which is only accessible by those who have swallowed a dictionary or have Stephen Fry as their next door neighbour.
    I am currently feeling very dense about my lack of understanding so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. I am sure that by the title of my post you will have already established that I am very close to falling out with the SRF!
    The problem is as follows...
    In our school we all tend to talk in plain English with limited pointless jargon. Unfortunately, the SRF seems to love using language which is only accessible by those who have swallowed a dictionary or have Stephen Fry as their next door neighbour.
    I am currently feeling very dense about my lack of understanding so any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. *** is an SRF?

4. What have the Society for Reproduction and Fertility done to upset you?

5. As far as I see you have two options in filling in the Self Review Framework:
    One: Fill in the answers that show some self reflection but make sure that you fill in answers something like the topic under discussion but not quite on the point (after all this works for most A level students).
    Two: Come up with tons of TLA's to complete the form and just string them together. (3 letter acronyms)
    Three:Think outside the box (hence this is the third of two options) and present your own review in a way that you want to present it!
    Hope that it does not come across as flippant; but after a number of years I have found that the start to discussing the issues involved is what is being asked for and if you are going some way towards that then you are on the right track - it is one of those documenets where there are no right or wrong answers, only honest ones.

6. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

OP there is some stuff about the SRF in my toolkit I just sent you, frankly give it a wide berth, it's a waste of time and effort - would be of money if you went for the mark or paid NAACE to keep the data live. Read through the papery bits, anyhting you don't understand or seems alien is probably irrelevant to you - if it has any meaning behind it you will find yourself asking questions about the school and its ICT this is a best case scenario by the way.