1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

ICT Level 1 Course for lower ability - Help please

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by KaySawbridge, Mar 8, 2011.

1. We are currently teaching the OCR Nationals Level 2 in ICT to most students and the Functional Skills entry level to the really weak students. Neither of these qualifications seem to meet the needs of our lower ability students whose work is often more like Level 1. I am looking for a Level 1 ICT course for next year's Year 10s (OCR Nationals Level 1 course seems to have finished). I have searched the exam boards for an alternative but to no avail. I am looking for a course which will keep their attention and hopefully gain them a GCSE or half GCSE even at d-g grade.
    Any advice or help gratefully received
    Kay

2. We are currently teaching the OCR Nationals Level 2 in ICT to most students and the Functional Skills entry level to the really weak students. Neither of these qualifications seem to meet the needs of our lower ability students whose work is often more like Level 1. I am looking for a Level 1 ICT course for next year's Year 10s (OCR Nationals Level 1 course seems to have finished). I have searched the exam boards for an alternative but to no avail. I am looking for a course which will keep their attention and hopefully gain them a GCSE or half GCSE even at d-g grade.
    Any advice or help gratefully received
    Kay

3. Have a good look at OCR's Creative imedia.
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/qualifications/type/qcf/creative_imedia/l1_award/documents/index.html
    Ps the one pdf handbook covers the whole scheme

4. tonyuk

tonyuk Occasional commenter

I would agree our lower ability students are doing that one and loving it!